How Do You Get Filename / Image

Pi Digital sean at pidigital.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 11:29:36 EDT 2020

I see. You will need to use the full path for tImageName. That will be true for all of the file names you have stored on your cards and stacks.

With images, the filename can be either the full path or a relative path, relative to the defaultFolder or the folder the stack is saved in. RevCopy only assumes names without full paths to be relative to the defaultFolder, not the stack location. RevCopy is definitely better when on desktop systems.

One way to only see full paths is by turning on ‘Always use absolute file paths for images’ in the Files & Memory section of the main LC prefs. Or you could set the defaultFolder to specialFolderPath(“resources”) if you would prefer to keep relative paths in the file lists.

Relying on ‘item n1 to n2’ for working out the origin path is not always going to be right, especially if you have been using relative paths in your script. Best to use full paths for both tImageName and tDestinationPath.

Just make sure there wasn’t a space after ‘ellora’ as in your sample.

I’m confident you will work this out. As you said, it can’t be hard :) It is working fine using both methods here so I’m sure it’s going to be something simple you end up kicking yourself about.

All the best.