iOS Emoji keyboard does not print to PDF?!

scott at elementarysoftware.com scott at elementarysoftware.com
Sun Oct 25 22:56:36 EDT 2020

I think that emojis not rendering to PDF has been a longstanding issue… and I thought that I had filed a bug report on this but looking at bugzilla, I failed to find it. (sigh). I have code in two of my apps that alert the user, should PDF creation fail, that they should remove emojis from their text.  I have on my to-do list a workaround project that would use imageSource to substitute for known emoji codes. So, while none of this is of any help, I feel your pain :- )

--
Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)