Websockets

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Wed Oct 21 16:13:11 EDT 2020

Thank You Mark for the hint. I will ask him about it.

Richard, I hear what you are saying, its not absolutely necessary to get
things done.
Its just I am researching the most efficient mode of communication between
a LC stack and a binary written in Go.  A lot of Go Libraries have
websocket support.  So naturally I wanted to test it as part of my
research.  I'm using LC as a UI layer for a backend written in Go (needed
insane concurrency for accessing web apis on a separate CPU process and
core and only do UI with LC.).
This is still a research piece at the moment, not implementing anything yet.
Thanks for your thoughts.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 1:01 PM Mark Wieder via use-livecode <

> On 10/21/20 7:09 AM, Tom Glod via use-livecode wrote:
> > Hi Livecoders,
> >
> > Does anyone know if there are any plans for introducing websockets to
> > livecode?
> >
> > Or if there are any working 3rd party implementations that are available?
> >
> > its been a lot of years.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> Charles Warwick has something in the oven. Might be worth pinging him to
> see what the status of that is.
>
> --
>   Mark Wieder
>   ahsoftware at gmail.com