Livecode server UNIX version (not Linux).

Paul McClernan paulmcclernan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:30:28 EDT 2020

> OS X, Windows 95 through Windows 10, Raspberry Pi and "several variations
> of Unix (I think is just means Linux)".
>
> I'm thinking about tinkering with a FreeBSD server and LiveCode server,
> but I didn't see a "UNIX" version, so I suppose that I have to compile it.
> Have any of you installed LiveCode server on FreeBSD (or Solaris)?

As others mentioned, this is dated information. However, last I checked
macOS (or rather the "Darwin" layer of macOS) is POSIX compliant and built
from BSD UNIX 4.4 & bits of FreeBSD. So, I would not be all that surprised
if a LiveCode for macOS GUI-less/CLI executable could run on some other BSD.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 12:08 PM Heriberto Torrado via use-livecode <