Big Sur hangs when printing

Marty Knapp martyknappster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 14:34:14 EDT 2020

This BigSur printing bug happens when you "open printing with dialog” and has been confirmed by Panos. Drop the “with dialog” and you can print. I don’t know at this point if the issue is with LC or with Apple. In the event that it doesn’t get fixed by the time BigSur is released, I want to have a stand-by work-around by creating my own print dialog.

I see that I can get a list of all the installed printers and can get the currently selected printer - easy enough to take care of printer selection. What I don’t seem to be able to do is access any “Presets" that the user may have configured (paper tray etc). Is that out of our reach? printerFeatures and printerSettings do not seem to cover it.

Marty