LiveCode server IDE

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at me.com
Mon Oct 12 10:49:23 EDT 2020

Thanks for the response, Ralph.

I've struggled to retain/regain my old local Sites, web server and LC Server on my home Macs. So, I was thinking of embarking down the script-only stacks route, using an on-rev LC-Server instance to do any web-services heavy-lifting work server-to-server, on behalf of client apps that use either LC desktop or simple html forms.

My html & css 'hackery-pokery' has been on Coda2 to date, but its replacement, Nova, still lacks any LiveCode autocompletion.

I may need to learn a new text-editing based IDE tool. Thanks for the Atom suggestion - I see that there's a LiveCode language pack available that includes LC Server, so that may be a better place to play than VS Code, etc.

Thanks & regards,
Keith