Modal stacks cpu usage

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Oct 5 12:59:46 EDT 2020

On 10/3/20 8:36 PM, Neville Smythe via use-livecode wrote:
> Jacque wrote
>> If the Project Browser is open, try closing it. On my Mac, the CPU usage
>> while idle is usually close to 0 when in the background.
>
> Interesting. I would indeed have expected a good-citizen app doing nothing in the background to use less than 1% cpu: Mail, Safari. Finder, BBEdit, Keyboard Maestro are currently all close to 0% But I never see LC using less than 4.3% with no user stacks open, no palettes, no plugins, no scripts, just the IDE.

I just checked again with LC 9.6.1, because the last time I looked was with a previous version.
With no open stacks of my own and only the Application Browser open, it hovers around 2%. When
I closed the App Browser, it dropped to about 1.5% and then hovered in the 1.5-2.0 range. While
writing this email it jumped to 3.5% momentarily, then dropped back to 2.5%.

I'm still on Mojave if that matters. I'm fairly sure the IDE is sending some pending messages
in the background which would account for the CPU usage.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com