Getting URL to Work in specialFolderDocuments

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Oct 2 19:23:29 EDT 2020

You are putting a file from a url into a variable called tLocalDocumentsStories & sStoryTitle & "/" & sStoryTitle & ".livecode”. You should probably have a variable with the full path to the file:

put tLocalDocumentsStories & sStoryTitle & "/" & sStoryTitle & ".livecode” into tFilePath

Then put the file from the url into the location using the URL command:

put URL (tHttpsServerRoot & sStoryTitle & "/" & sStoryTitle & ".livecode”) into URL (“binfile:” & tFilePath

The problem with trying to put all the fiddlybits into one line is that you cannot tell where things are going wrong. You sacrifice readability and ease of debugging for compact code, and with Livecode, do we really need compact code?

Bob S