vCard save file format binfile or file?

kee nethery kee.nethery at elloco.com
Sun May 31 20:08:53 EDT 2020

UTF-8 files.   https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6350#section-3.1

True    https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6350#section-3.2

> LiveCode using the URL file command will write the file differently on Windows compared to Mac or Linux.

Sure do wish Livecode would let us declare what a “text” file return character or characters was for writing a file. Same as we do with itemdelimiters. Something like:

set linedelimiter to U+000D & U+000A

> I can build the variable for the vCard and use CRLF instead of RETURN for line endings.
>
> If I write the file using URL binfile format will it still be a text file that other programs can read?

if you give it a .vcf suffix it should work.

Kee