HTML Colour Groups

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Sun May 31 12:59:31 EDT 2020

Hi Terence,

I’m not sure where these originate from, although I suspect they are from an earlier HTML version than is displayed on w3schools.

After a quick comparison, the missing colours appear to be;

Aqua
Crimson
Fuchsia
Indigo
Lime
Olive
RebeccaPurple
Silver
Teal

It probably wouldn’t be too difficult to catch these and substitute the Hex codes. It also wouldn’t take too much work to build your own custom list if you needed it, there's a really comprehensive list of colour names on Wikipedia.

It maybe worth a bug report to get the colorNames updated, I wouldn’t expect it to be too high a priority, but it should be an easy fix so you never know.

Regards

Paul