Code-signed apk fails

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 28 02:52:54 EDT 2020

We're about to release an Android app. I've been signing it for development only and it works
well. Today I created a keystore "FPMobile.jks" in Terminal as usual.

As an aside, I got this in Terminal:
Warning:
The JKS keystore uses a proprietary format. It is recommended to migrate to PKCS12 which is an
industry standard format using "keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore FPMobile.jks -destkeystore
FPMobile.jks -deststoretype pkcs12".

I don't know if that's significant. I've ignored it in the past, so I went ahead and entered
the jks file in standalone settings. When LC 9.6rc2 asked me to locate the keystore during the
build, I was unable to select it in the file dialog until I chose "All files". That seemed to
work and the build finished.

At any rate the real problem:

The codesigned app fails to download files from the server. My error log shows that sometimes
there is no error at all but nothing is downloaded, other times the error is vague: "Invalid
URL:" with no URL indicated. The same script and URLs work in the IDE and in the apk when built
without the keystore.

I don't think codesigning should affect server queries but that seems to be what's happening. I
rebuilt the apk without any changes except to remove the keystore and it worked perfectly
again. Could TSNet be involved somehow?

I'm not sure where to look for the fault. Ideas?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com