lc vs macos vs xc vs ios table

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Tue May 26 10:35:35 EDT 2020

here's an interesting note for me the next time I'm in a panic over an
annual build:
XC prior to 11 won't run on catalina (maybe 10 will, so maybe pretend I
said "10" back there).  On your machine, you'll see the circle-slash
through the icon for xcode 9.x, which means apps that you built with LC 8.x
aren't going to get their annual rebuild if you don't hold your breath and
move to LC 9, right?
Nope.  It turns out you can still build in catalina with LC 8.x and XC9.
You just can't run XC9.  That was a pleasant surprise after doing our
annual rebuild broke one of our apps on "older" (2018 era) ipads that are
stuck in ios 9.x
***BUT*** that build config causes the app to fail on newer versions of ios.

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 3:41 PM Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com>
wrote:

> do we have a table somewhere on which versions can be connected?
> i just tried to rebuild one of our apps for the annual app-build-of-doom,
> and discovered that:
> i can't seem to build for ios 9.3.5 (some older ipads), because i need to
> run xcode 11 on catalina.  on 9.3.5 the app flashes white and then crashes
> out.  on newer ipads, the app runs fine.
>
> --
>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.