Mouse messages in scrollers

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 21 16:22:26 EDT 2020

It was "delayTouches" mostly. Default is true, I had to set it to false. I also set
canCancelTouches to false but didn't test how necessary that was. Default for that is also true.

This allowed messages to pass through to LC, but you had to very deliberately swipe, holding
down a moment so the mouseDown would fire. Brian Milby came up with a faster solution using
something like Jim MacConnell's suggestion -- make the contentRect wider than the group so that
a horizontal swipe triggers scrollerDidScroll. Lock direction to vertical to prevent wiggle.
That proved to be a the solution for a more natural swipe.

You have to branch for Android because it doesn't have a lockDirection property; for that OS
keep the contentRect the same width as the group. Mouse messages pass through to LC
automatically, which is good because the above two settings don't exist on Android.

Swiping is such a normal behavior on mobile, I'd like to see an easier method in LC to
accomodate all this.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com