Sad truth about iOS apps

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Fri May 15 16:03:28 EDT 2020

Hi Graham,

Why not get one of the hackintosh "modified" images for windows and run it
inside virtualbox - probably s lot of hsrdwware wont work but |I bet xcode
will.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/install-macos-virtualbox/
https://www.hackint0sh.org/how-to-install-macos-on-virtualbox/
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/macos-windows-10-virtual-machine/

Yes and if I do have a mac - 5  actually Macbook, Macbook pro ,  Performa
and a mac classic 11 and a Mini - and only the mini can  run the latest
software.
So  if i deemed it necessary and didn't have a spare £2000 lying around I
have no compunction to do that - the EULA  already says they can take my
kids from me if
I don't follow what they say so what the hell ;-)

Lagi

btw

The best machine Apple ever made was the Apple 2 - and I still have that -
and with a bit of extra memory it could probably run Xcode.

On Fri, 15 May 2020 at 17:04, Graham Samuel via use-livecode <

> As many of you will know, I have been struggling to create an iPhone app -
> very unfamiliar territory for  me. It’s been an education. Without help
> from this list and the mother ship I would have been dead in the water long
> ago. Finally I can see the (beta version of) the app running on my iPhones
> - yipee! The next step is to get it out there via TestFlight so that a few
> friends can mess with it.
>
> I just went through all the hoops with the Apple App Store to reach the
> magic TestFlight stage, using the XCode Application Loader. Things looked
> good until this:
>
> > ERROR ITMS-90725: "SDK Version Issue. This app was built with the iOS
> 12.1 SDK. New apps for iPhone or iPad must be built with the iOS 13 SDK or
> later.”
>
> My iMac can only run High Sierra, and High Sierra can only run XCode 10.1,
> and AFAIK that version of XCode only runs SDK 12.1. I think that means I
> get a new Mac or give up.
>
> Please tell me if I’m wrong.
>
> Graham
>
> PS I would really like a new Mac, but the budget is the problem!

KIndest Regards Lagi