Externals Question from Stack Overflow

JB sundown at pacifier.com
Thu May 14 19:30:41 EDT 2020

Part of the question was;

Can someone tell me how to obtain the pointer to g_external_name and g_external_table? How LiveCode knows it when it loads a DLL with my external? Is it possible to obtain the mentioned variables dinamically after DLL loads?

I do not think you can get any pointers in LiveCode and even if you did get a pointer
you could only use the address from within the program that obtained the pointer.  To
access pointers each external or program will use its own memory mapping so the
pointer itself is only good for the program providing the pointer info.  If you can access
the g_external in LiveCode then you can pass that info to your external using command
line arguments.

JB