Small and strange problem

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon May 11 12:11:11 EDT 2020

And re this part:

 >> Interestingly this
 >>
 >> on mouseUp pMouseButton
 >>   try
 >>     put (tMins/60) into tMins
 >>   catch tError
 >>     if tError then answer "An Error Occurred;"  && tError & return &
"tMins =" && tMins
 >>   end try
 >> end mouseUp
 >>
 >> does NOT through an error or a catch error message

You're not seeing that there was an error thrown because 'tError' would be set
to the error message; the code above is testing for it being true, before
deciding to display the message. But it won't be true it, it will be an
expression of the error. If you removed "if tError then", so always execute
the answer statement in the catch section, you should see the error message.

HTH,

Ben