HTML Platform

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue May 5 22:11:12 EDT 2020

On 5/5/20 4:47 PM, Trevor DeVore via use-livecode wrote:

>   I don't use HTML deployment myself, but thought I would mention that there
> has been some emscripten activity in GitHub lately. Looks like WebAssembly
> (WASM) support is being added. You can see the commits here:
>
> https://github.com/livecodeian/livecode/commits/feature-emscripten-llvm
>
> And here is the specific commit with the README:
>
> https://github.com/livecodeian/livecode/commit/11dd134996f441abbbc802dba64c760ec800a10e

Yeah, I saw the github posts come flying by, and that's a promising
feature, but it doesn't address the limitations and broken features of
the current html implementation. Yet, at any rate. Also, it remains to
be seen how much bloat this adds to deployed web apps.

These may be of interest:
https://floooh.github.io/2017/06/09/webassembly-demystified.html
<https://hacks.mozilla.org/2017/07/memory-in-webassembly-and-why-its-safer-than-you-think/>

--