Mora Catalina permissions woes....

panagiotis merakos merakosp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 04:02:48 EDT 2020

Hello Paul,

I was thinking that a way to make things simpler, which might solve these
permissions woes is to not have the separate libraries folder sitting
outside the app bundle, but instead add the whole folder in the Copy Files
section of the standalone, and then in your code access this folder by:

local tLibsFolder
put specialFolderPath("resources") & slash & "OurStacks" into tLibsFolder
start using stack tLibsFolder & slash & myLib1.livecode
start using stack tLibsFolder & slash & myLib2.livecode

This has several advantages:

- The app file and the OurStacks folder will never be separated (e.g. by
the App Translocation security thing)
- The code for detecting and using the library stacks will become simpler
and cleaner
- And the most important - you will probably overcome these permissions
problems, since all you have to do now to distribute your app will be what
LC does. i.e. sign the .app, create a dmg and sign, notarize and staple the
dmg. No installers are needed.

Kind regards,
Panos
--

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 22:34, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <