Animation Engine: speed tips

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 20:09:28 EDT 2020

I made a quick test - creating and animating small graphic circles along a complex curve with many points. It works fine with one or two animated spheres but I’d like to be able to animate >30 and it slows to a crawl after 4 or 5. I tried setting the layer mode appropriately for all the objects - but I’m doing this on a new MacBook Pro - and it does not make a difference.

Does anyone have an example stack with multiple animated objects that I can compare / test for speed?