Chromebook apps?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jun 22 15:17:37 EDT 2020

John McKenzie wrote:

>  Could you not just deploy a Linux desktop Livecode app to a
> Chromebook? ChromeOS is a Linux distribution, if admittedly a stripped
> down one, after all.

Alas, while ChromeOS is based on the Linux kernel, everything above the
kernel is different (desktop manager, compositor, UI inputs, etc.).

And of course the current LC build for Linux is compiled for x86
processors.  Since Frazier left we haven't seen any further development
of an ARM-based compile of the LC Linux engine.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems