Linux OAuth2 (was Browser Widget on Linux: how can it become possible to use?)

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Fri Jun 19 22:00:01 EDT 2020

I think it should be relatively easy to fix the OAuth2 library such that it
works on Linux.  Currently it does use the browser widget for a better user
experience, but it should be able to launch the URL and use the system's
default browser.  Is there any interest in a PR for that type of fix for
this issue (at least until the browser widget can be addressed).

Also, I ran into a bug in the library this week where the auth code that
was returned included something that was actually URL encoded.  The
library then encoded it again which made things not work.  I actually found
the bug report which provided the solution to the problem.  You can see the
PR here:  https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/7381

Thanks,
Brian