iOS builds ignore taps

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 2 02:56:08 EDT 2020

I meant acceleratedRendering, sorry. I was talking to someone about fullscreenMode right before
I answered you and had a think-o. I do have acceleratedRendering enabled in my app.

I also ran into the problem you described below -- taps went through but the screen did not
redraw so the content didn't change. I had to force a screen redraw in several places using
"set the backcolor of this cd to the backcolor of this cd". It took me hours to figure out what
was wrong, I kept thinking it was something in my scripts.

In my case that happened when a group was shown with a visual efect, like you did. The card
content did not change. Taps did go through but visually there was no update.

That was different from the one I started this thread with, which had no response at all. The
script didn't run, breakpoints did not trigger. I even put a transparent button over the
graphic to see if that would work and it didn't trigger either. This was on the first card
shown at launch. But a field at the bottom of the card did receive a mouseup, so the problem
was related to only part of the card. I poked around trying to find where the dead edges were
but it didn't match any groups or controls in particular. The weird part is that it worked in
some builds and not in others, though I never changed acceleratedRendering settings.

This could be a problem since the fields hold credentials and the graphic is a "Log In" button.
On the bright side, it keeps users out of the app which cuts down substantially on maintenance.