Google Play SDK problem

scott at elementarysoftware.com scott at elementarysoftware.com
Thu Jul 30 01:26:46 EDT 2020

I have an app (Windows, Mac, iOS and Android… thank you LC!) that is aimed at children. It does not contain advertising. I recently submitted an update to Google Play and although it was accepted into the store a few weeks ago, today I received the notice below. I am suspicious that this is not currently addressed by LC. Has anyone else encountered this and if so how was it solved?

—————————————————
— from Google Play—
—————————————————
Hi Developers at Elementary Software,	After a recent review, we found that your app Terrific Triangle (com.elementarysoftware.terrifictriangle) is not compliant with one or more of our Developer Program Policies. Please resolve the issue within 30 days of the issuance of this notification or your app will be removed from Google Play.

Issue with your app
We have detected that your app includes non-certified ad SDKs or SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services.

About the Families Policy Requirements
Any SDKs used in the app must be appropriate for use in child-directed services. Additionally, apps that solely target children must not contain any SDKs that are not approved for use in child-directed services, including ads SDKs. Apps in the Designed for Families program must only use ad SDKs that have certified their compliance with the Families Ads Program <https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9283445>.

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)
web       https://elementarysoftware.com/