breakpoint causes 3 second delay then exit to top

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 05:44:44 EDT 2020

Here's another data point for this oddity.

Once the IDE starts tripping out from breakpoints and I restart Livecode to
fix the problem, the behavior in which the breakpoints stop working has
"detached" from the object pointing to it.  I say "detached", as the object
still shows in the Inspector that it is pointing to the behavior-containing
control and choosing to edit the behavior script from the object's
Inspector opens up the relevant behavior in the Script Editor.  Breakpoints
work once again when I once more point the object's Inspector at the object
it knows contains the behavior script

Somewhere inside LC this connection is being lost.  At the moment the only
variable I've been able to isolate as a cause is: how many hours I've had
LC open working on this project.