breakpoint causes 3 second delay then exit to top

Ludovic THEBAULT ludovic.thebault at laposte.net
Fri Jul 17 12:06:03 EDT 2020

> Le 17 juil. 2020 à 13:52, Bernard Devlin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> a écrit :
>
> This is mystifying in so many ways.  I've seen this a few times and I'm at
> a loss to explain it. It's LC 9.5.1 on Windows 10.
>
> *When the code gets to the above breakpoint, the debugger exits to top. It
> takes about 3 seconds with the debugger sitting at the breakpoint before
> the engine exits to top.*

Hello,

I've already had the same behavior but I noticed that it happens when there is an error in the executed code (but an error that doesn't block the execution of the script !). By fixing the script, the breakpoint then works as it should.

Maybe there is an error in your script (before the code you displayed here).

Ludovic