Message watcher and selectionChanged

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Jul 6 09:31:51 EDT 2020

I was using the Message Watcher in the IDE to check on which messages
were sent in different cases, and noticed that:

'selectionChanged' was not being reported when I changed the selection
or insertion point within a field.

BUT if I add a 'selectionChanged' handler to the field, the handler is
called, and the Message Watcher THEN does report it.

Does that seem right ?

Should messages only be reported if they are being checked for somewhere ?

-- Alex.

P.S. or if anyone wants to answer the *real* question :
    does anyone have a general purpose 'undo/redo' handler-set for text
fields that they could share :-) ?