slow loading & navigation to card containing large field

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:51:58 EDT 2020

Hmmm.  Food for thought both!

put URL ("file:" & theFilePath) into tdata

I have always assumed that reading as binary is only for data that isn’t  text.  I’ll try that. If I want to display some or all of the file in a field, do I need to process the data read as a binary, or can I just put it into a field?

So far I have worked on the principle that users should be able to see the effects of their searches, etc, so have defaulted to field.  Maybe I could store part of the list in the field (and swap in/out out as users scroll through) but do the main storage and heavy lifting within a custom property?

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

Cheers,

David G