Do Mac OS apps stop working if your Mac Developer ID Application cert expires?

Pi Digital sean at pidigital.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 17:54:55 EST 2020

If it is an enterprise app then it will run as long as the Profile is still valid (which is usually a year from its creation).

If it is AdHoc test copy, again it will run as long as the profile is valid.

From the store (I know that wasn’t your question) it runs out once the user removes it from their device or a device OS upgrade renders the app build inexecutable.

When the certificate expires the app simply won’t load. For enterprise apps it will inform you that no relevant profile could be found.

Sean Cole
Pi Digital Prod Ltd