No support for 24bit/96kHz audio file?

Jjs jjs at krutt.org
Thu Jan 23 11:39:40 EST 2020

I use wav and when i change it to 16bit/44.1kHz it plays ok. So for this usage it maybe is ok. But higher resolutions is better and more crisp. I'm building a drumpad for fun on mobile(Android for now) and use the play command. It has to respond fast so the player will be probably too slow, also ut just has to play quickly multiple samples without the player UI coming to front.
Apart from this, when using music it would be nice to have Opus support (free codec and getting more popular on many platforms, see Wikipedia about it) and much higher resolutions.

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> schreef op 23 januari 2020 11:27:08 CET:
>On 2020-01-23 10:00, Stephen Barncard via use-livecode wrote:
>> Mark,
>> My experience with the built in player in the past has been difficult
>
>> and
>> it never served files greater than 16 bit up to 48k. In 2006 I
>reverse
>> engineered (hacked) the player object to EXPORT audio files and
>> required a
>> lot of convoluted code to reassemble as a wav or aiff file, building
>> the
>> binary jump table was a trip.  I gave up after that.
>
>Well it probably would have been easier just to use QT APIs direct and
>write
>an external to export the audio data from the file (not that that was
>ever
>necessarily easy, media frameworks tend to be skewed towards playback
>rather
>than authoring - and QT was never particularly well documented for
>anything
>other than playback!).
>
>> Has it ever really been improved? Player vs "Player control"  ?
>> It used to depend on Quicktime which is now doornail.
>
>Audioclips have always been restricted in what they can do - they are
>essentially
>just simple raw audio storage/playback things.
>
>Players used QT on Mac/Win until QT died - now they use
>AVFoundation/DirectShow
>(for at least the last 2-3 years). The formats they support are what
>those
>frameworks support.
>
>Warmest Regards,
>
>Mark.
>
>--
>Mark Waddingham ~ mark at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
>LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Android apparaat met K-9 Mail.