iOS browser local URLs

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 20 18:19:00 EST 2020

On 1/20/20 3:05 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> On 1/20/20 2:41 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
>> I can't load a local html file into a brwoser widget on iOS:
>>
>> set the url of widget "browser" to "file://" &
>> specialFolderPath("documents") & "/folder/myFile.html#1234"
>>
>> I've tried "file:" with no slashes, one or two slashes, and omitting
>> the "file:" designation entirely. The above works fine on Mac and
>> Android (though it produces three slashes in the final URL.)
>>

> An update on this. The first time I load a URL it works. All subsequent
> URLs with the same structure fail. Setting the URL of the widget to
> empty and then setting the URL to the new one still fails.

More info: It doesn't seem to be my URLs. First time after reloading the
app the URL works. But if I go to another card and then back again by
linking to the same, identical URL it fails. That tells me that the
widget itself doesn't want to update its own URL setting. I get a blank
browser widget with no text.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com