Can't add substack

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jan 17 15:02:08 EST 2020

Also of note, as I just discovered to my chagrin, is that a substack cannot have it's own stackFiles. That means any behaviors in the independent stack have to be reassociated once it becomes a sub stack.

So I think those who intend to create substacks need to take all this into account. The reason it is a big deal for me is I have a series of utility stacks that I may add to any project, the time calculator being one of them. I develop these independently from any other stack, then add them as a substack later.

I have done this many times in the past and never had an issue, but I think this was before the datagrid library was moved to a script only stack. Having a single behavior I can use in multiple substacks is huge especially as I add a utility stack to more and more projects.

Bob S