Buying a used apple to run ios simulator.

Jerry Jensen jerry at jhjensen.com
Wed Jan 15 13:54:02 EST 2020

It could work, but its pretty long in the tooth. Its a 2011 model.
4GB RAM is not enough these days. It is user-upgradable.
USB 2.0 ports are frustratingly slow and, shall I say, less reliable than 3.0 and above.
That model is at is maximum OS support (10.13). That is also the oldest OS that is getting security updates, so next year it will probably cease. 10.15 is current. I don’t know the details of iOS and XCode support versions. Maybe newer XCode requires newer OS?
.Jerry