encrypting script-only stacks

Kaveh Bazargan kaveh at rivervalleytechnologies.com
Wed Jan 15 11:56:23 EST 2020

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 at 16:49, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <

> [...]
>
>  I don't think the SB does that on its own, and I'm not sure it's
> something it should do automatically all the time. In the delivered app
> is there (or should there be) a difference between a substack and a
> stack file?
>
> But it's easy to do in the PI by changing the mainstack property of the
> script-only stack.

Mark, my problem is that I loved the idea of script only stacks so got them
working (7 or more SoS's) that are loaded through the  Files tab of
Standalone Application builder. Obvious advantages are allowing me to
use GitHub and to collaborate as discussed.

I want to be able to build standalones often, and I cannot distribute the
code. So from what I understand I have to convert these back into standard
stacks every just before making a standalone, then load them thro the
Stacks tab (not Files tab). This is quite labour intensive. I do hope there
is an automated solution to be able to avoid this.

I could use Levure and would love to, but it's one more thing to learn and
I feel an overkill for me as all my scripts are now in SoS files.

Kaveh

--
Kaveh Bazargan PhD
Director