encrypting script-only stacks

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jan 14 15:50:55 EST 2020

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 2:35 PM Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <

> Trevor DeVore wrote:
>
> > I use SoS extensively but I had never tried using the SB to encrypt them
> as
> > I use Levure. The Levure packaging library automatically encrypts script
> > only stacks for you during the packaging process. While Levure uses the
> SB
> > to create the standalone, encrypting the stacks is handled in the Levure
> > packaging library, not the SB.
>
> I'm assuming Levure does this by converting a copy of the SoS stack
> files to binary stack files, yes?

That is correct. The SoS is opened, the the scriptonly property of the
stack is set to false, and then it is saved using the same filename. This
is all done in a temporary directory so that the source file isn't modified
at all.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps