shell() and pdftotext

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 13:25:42 EST 2020

To elaborate further, if you can use pdftotext from the command line, but this is failing, it is because the path declared for your login shell is not getting picked up, or a different shell is being used by livedcode.

Come to think of it, I have *no* idea which shell livecode defaults to—I’d assume the system default, which sometimes varies over versions of a particular OS.

So if you use tcsh, but your system defaults to bash, all of those customizations and variables that apply at the command line may not come into play.