Translate metadata to field content

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 19 19:01:47 EST 2020

On 2/19/20 3:40 PM, Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode wrote:
> However the loading time of styledText a little more than 300 milliseconds (no difference between styledText and formattedStyledText, but htmlText loading of this heavily formatted text is 800 ms).
>
> If you can manage preloading of the styledText into e.g. a script local variable at startUp or openCard or first run it would save more than half of the processing time.

I just tested loading one of my sample files and it takes about 250 ms. I can preload
sometimes, but the user will be jumping around among different files so it won't always be
possible. I imagine on a mobile device the loading will be slower, given the different CPUs on
those.

Thanks for your test stack Bernd, it was very helpful.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com