Translate metadata to field content

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 19 15:54:19 EST 2020

On 2/18/20 1:41 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

>> 2. FormattedStyledText treats some punctuation as a new run, even if
>> it has not changed text style. For example, semi-colons are
>> independent runs. Very odd.
>
> Hmmm - there's no code to do that explicitly (a semi-colon is no different from any other
> char!). Non-merged style runs can occur through some script operations on a field though (the
> engine uses 0 length runs sometimes as markers - they would probably cause that effect). It
> could also be due to the structure of the htmlText being imported (potentially). If you have a
> simple example, then I can probably say one way or the other.

Well, I tried to find one and couldn't repeat it so it must be something to do with the
formatting of the html. I looked at an instance of a semi-colon and it was treated as normal
text in the run. Since I have about a hundred of these files to work with, I'm not sure where
the original issue was, but it doesn't appear to be in the engine code.

I just love these little surprises.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com