Progressive Web App (PWA)

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Feb 19 08:44:06 EST 2020

The answer is EITHER:

Use LiveCode SERVER to generate the HTML5 and CCS for the app and layer
your own Javascript into it [Much more work, but you can deliver exactly
the front end you want - you have to keep track fo what HTML, CSS, and
Javascript you use is standards-compliant)
OR
Use LievCode HTML to deploy your stacks/App as an HTML/CSS/Javascript
app.(lLess work, but you are limited to what the HTML builder for
LiveCode can produce [mostly, I think there is someone on this list who
has posted many example of extending the generated web app with
supplemental javascript])

However, in my opinion "intended to work on any platform that uses a
standards-compliant browser." (from the definition of WPA) is marketing
bullsh*t. I find way too many things that are *supposed* to work across
all browsers that do not.