[macOS] Notarization, hardened runtimes, LCB, and executables

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 13:11:38 EST 2020

I have to say that this fills me with despair.  I try hard to  write serious, useful  programs, for fellow professionals,  but I am not a developer by trade or training.  I have a full time job, which subsidises my time using LC

The beauty of LC (and Metacard before it)  has always been how amazingly easy it is to write something genuinely useful and share it with others, pretty much irrespective of platform.  I used to just share with colleagues via DropBox.

Now I look at an app I have developed and realise I have neither the time or technical ability to navigate through certification and notarization.

Is this the beginning of the end for enthusiast developers?

Best wishes,

David Glasgow