Running LiveCode Standalones under Crossover on Linux

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sat Feb 1 08:58:16 EST 2020

Hivemind,

I have a user who runs the Windows version of my software on Linux using
Crossover. Our prior releases all have worked fine. Those releases were
build under LiveCode 6.7.11

We just went to a new release built under LiveCode 9.0.5 and this user
is getting menus and dialog boxes with no text (none at all) in them.

Any chance that someone in the larger LiveCode community has seen this
issue and knows what may be going on? We test under Windows 7,8,10 and
under macOS 10.9 to 10.15, but not on Linux running Windows emulators.
We don't have a Linux system here to even test on, but I'd like to try
an help the person.