Layers in PBrowser

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 03:54:56 EDT 2020

Hey Sean,

Late to the conversation because Navigator is a hobby, but: I've worked
*really* hard to make drag-and-drop relayering work properly.

I've implemented it almost from scratch something like five times over the
years, each time because I reached a dead end with the previous method (or
sometimes because I'd reached a dead end with the previous method of
implementing drag and drop.

Which is to say: drag and drop has a large number of special cases, and is
very hard to get right. Anyone attempting it has my sympathies.

*That* said, there are only a very small number of problematic use cases in
Navigator that I know of. If the latest (which has been out for some time
now) update of Navigator doesn't relayer the way you think it should, email
me directly and let me know.

gc

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 1:56 AM Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <