Cross Platform Font Layout

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 13:48:26 EDT 2020

Jim,

You might want to give me more time for this kind of testing (those solid
hours were solid hours because of the late timing nearly every TV
production company works to) and have a word with my clients to ensure this.

Not to mention with LC who make the claim it is code-once and won't need
adjusting!!

In fact, Jim, if I were you I would have determined that this is NOT
something new to me! But is, nonetheless frustrating when you are faced
with the inevitability of it yet again.

Had I done the test earlier on in the process and found it to yet again be
the case (after all it has been the case for at least 15years based on the
bug report), what, pray you, would have ade the outcome any different tat
would not necessitate me at the end of the whole job having to go over all
of it and redo all the layouts because of something LC COULD HAVE DONE
SOMETHING ABOUT 15, 14,13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 or one years
ago????

Your argument also is redundant and without merit. This is not my first
rodeo. I AM BRINGING TO LIGHT AND to THE SURFACE THE OBVIOUS FLAWS IN OUR
MIDST!!

"It might have been prudent!!". Thanks for your insulting input. I forgot
that after 15 years of having my own business it might occur to me to test
it out. I'm such a moron, aren't I! (SERIOUSLY!!!)

> You might want to adjust your testing approach for future projects.

Oh, pray tell!! What can be done seeing as asking LC to FIX THE GOD DAMNED
THING never actually happens and we have to face these GD workarounds time
and time again. Go! Tell me. You are obviously far more insightful than
everyone else to the point of telling me how to run my business strategy.
TELL ME WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE AFTER TESTING FOR IT??

Watch out, I'm surrounded by 'them'... It's almost abusive!

Seriously, if you are not from LC and actually have an answer to this and
all of the other issues related I don't want to hear any more excuses or
valued opinions. They only end up winding me up more. I pay for something I
do not get. It's written on the virtual box front and back. It should
deliver what it promises and what I and my clients (LC's end-of-line
customers) pay for.

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital*

On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 18:14, Jim Lambert via use-livecode <