iOS app denied: AVAudioSession

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Fri Aug 21 12:14:40 EDT 2020

Mark,

THANK YOU for the quick reply.   I wasn't using 9.6.1-rc-1 and rc-2, I was using 9.6.1-rc-2 and the final release of 9.6.1.

>> Can you reproduce the request for microphone access which Apple observed?
I cannot.  I installed the submitted app (using TestFlight) on my iPhone X and I DID NOT get the Microphone request dialog.

Apple did provide a screen shot of the dialog they see, but it's strange...   Why is it in a different language?   And, could this have anything to do with the issue?
See it here:  https://www.clearvisiontech.com/temp/fromApple.png

What would you suggest I do next?

Thank you!

Dan Friedman
CEO, ClearVision Technologies, LLC
Voice: 909/484-2052
http://www.clearvisiontech.com

    On 2020-08-21 16:39, Dan Friedman via use-livecode wrote:
    > Any thoughts?   Client is waiting for this post!

    The only difference between 9.6.1-rc-1 and rc-2 was the removal of some
    no-longer-used references to an Ad SDK on Android. 9.6.1 was the same as
    9.6.1-rc-2 (except for version).

    Apple update their review processes all the time, so it is possible they
    changed something between the two app submissions.

    The most important question here is: Can you reproduce the request for
    microphone access which Apple observed?

    If not, then you need to find out how they did and dispute the rejection
    - it could be human error on their side...

    If you can, then it suggests that you might have some code buried
    somewhere setting the audio category - or use of the video camera is
    using a default category Apple doesn't like.

    Make sure you aren't asking for a video camera with both audio and video
    - i.e. just audio only.

    Failing that, there is mergAVAudioSessionSetCategory - you could try
    explicitly setting the category to "ambient" on startup.

    Warmest Regards,

    Mark.

    LiveCode: Everyone can create apps