The Apple Ecosystem

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Aug 20 11:57:58 EDT 2020

I’m on the side of having a mobile device that is out of the box safe to use. But I think that Apple should stop resisting attempts to jailbreak it if a user wants to. It should not just be a “switch” as the article states, but rather a process that the end user has to engage in to open up the OS, with the disclaimer that the Apple warranty is null and void if you do.

As far as payment issues go, I think we have all seen in the last decade how many people are okay with breaking a thing or tearing down a thing in the name of making that thing “better". Such an insidious word. How many nations have been destroyed because some group of people decided to actively make it “better”? If getting the engine running again on a ship that is adrift carries the destiny possibility that it will sink the ship, I vigorously recommend against it.

Whatever is decided, and for whatever well intentioned reasons, please, LET’S NOT SINK THE SHIP!

Bob S