ProtonMail vs Apple

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 13:01:01 EDT 2020

Hi

People are missing something here.

Apple allows programs from Argos, Sams, Amazon (not books) , Free software
access for the yearly fee of $99.

They take 30% the FIRST years and subsequently 15% - that second figure to
me is the important one.

You have access to that market and IF you have a successful product you
reap the ongoing benefits.

If You sell 100 Apps in the first year and you are charging $5 I
don't think it matters whether you get 70% or 100% your product has failed.

If you sell a $10,000  worth in the second year you get $8500 without
having to spend as much on advertising.

The elephant in the room is Google - they charge 30% by just  copying
Apple's charges and because Google hasn't budged in 12 years Apple has no
reason to either.

A bit of maths 100% of Zilch is still Zilch. (expletive deleted for the
snowflakes/woke/offended crowd ;-) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo

As Sean said :-

"If EPIC follow the rules they lose 30% income but gain millions of
potential users. If they choose not to, they get kicked off and gain
nothing! They're just being dumb while thinking they are winning some moral
high-ground (which does not exist)"

If I were a betting man i'd say EPIC will blink first.

Lagi

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 at 15:45, Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <

KIndest Regards Lagi