Browser Widget and Twitter on iOS 13

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Aug 14 09:11:36 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-14 14:01, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
> On 2020-08-14 13:31, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode wrote:
>> Should I use the userAgent globally for all browser widget http(s)
>> requests
>> on platform = iphone?
>
> Isn't the issue on iPad?

Hah - ignore this - I forgot to edit it when I realized 'the platform'
returns iPhone (its the machine which distinguishes between iPad and
iPhone).

Whether to do it for all web-requests then I'm not sure - this is
twitter.com related thing as far as I can see.

It shouldn't do any harm to use the same useragent for all requests
though (although you might want to check if iPad latest iOS from Safari
is different from iPhone latest from Safari and switch on the machine if
so).

I'd recommend removing this mitigation if/when twitter.com starts
behaving normally again though as you don't want to have to keep that up
to date lest it cause problems for other websites.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps