Layers in PBrowser

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Wed Aug 12 22:49:45 EDT 2020

The reason I asked about version and OS is because I watched the video and attempted to replicate the behavior that was shown.  I could not do so.  I’ve now also tried on my Mac (9.6.0) and am unable to have it do what your video shows.

I was always able to drag the control out of the enclosing group to be the first item in the enclosing parent group.  This is the same action I saw was not working in the video.

If you drag a control below an expanded group, it goes in the group.  If you drag a control below a collapsed group, it snaps back on Mac most of the time (looks to depend on the state of relayergroupedcontrols).

The issue that you are confronting (in your discussion, not the video) is that the layer is an ordinal and does not convey any information about group membership alone.  The way things are handled make sense when you consider that implementation detail.  If an object is at layer 8 but outside the group above (5-7) and you set the layer to 8 with relayergroupedcontrols true then it will move to be inside the above group.  If you want to move the object at layer 9 up to 8 and stay outside of the above group, you have to actually move the layer 8 control down instead.

Sent from my iPhone