Wildcard? replaceText, offset?

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 15:15:14 EDT 2020

Pay no attention to the previous post, which only dealt with a single integer. Sloppy.
THIS old fashioned method works, though:
on mouseUpput offset("(",yourString) into startCharput offset(")", yourString) into endCharput random(999) into char (startChar + 1) to (endChar -1) of yourStringend mouseUp

Craig