Three very simple questions

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Apr 26 09:41:46 EDT 2020

On 26/04/2020 13:28, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:

> I was thinking for example of an array of constants (really strings) which could be written into my script. Again, if that’s possible I don’t know how. It seems odd to have to do something like convert lists of constants into array form only when the program is running.
> Monsieur?
> Well, when else would you like to do it in LC, when it is not running? :-D
> I'm sure I did nto really understand what you mean.

I think Graham was hoping for more powerful 'constant' statement.

I know I'd like to be able to say things like

constant kA["help"][1] = "This is the help string"

or

constant N = 1
constant kA["help"][N] = "some string"
constant kA["help"][N+1] = "next string"

or indeed my old favourite

constant kManyLinesOfText = """
here's a version of the constant string
which spans multiple lines"""