Issues with Mobile Native controls

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Apr 20 06:28:57 EDT 2020

I’ve recently bought Mobile Native Essential pack in a slightly desperate attempt to get my mobile app look more native, but I’ve had trouble with the bits I’ve used:

Labels - sometimes are not visible even when the vis is definitely true; strange scheme which means that the name you give it is the same as the name displayed, leading to very much deprecated names with spaces in them.

Switch - caused a (simulated) version of my app to seize up. As a test, I tried to open a card containing just that one object and it zonked the app. I will be reporting this, but of course wonder it it’s something I’ve done.

Outside the paid-for pack, I also have issues with the native button (doesn’t look all that native in iOS) and the navigation bar (eccentric choice of icons IMHO, and no apparent way of adding to them).

I don’t really want to moan but I would like to see some improvement. Is this list a good place to discuss these issues?

Graham